Thursday, January 24, 2008

"Southern Heritage" on Chipola College TV

It is rare that I come across a television program that I gains my firm endorsement. Many of you know that I spent a career in the television business and, if you know me well, you also know that I don't have a particularly high opinion of most of what is available there.

Mainly this is because I think that many television stations have gotten so consumed with profits that they have forgotten what community service and involvement is all about. (I am far from being anti-profit, but I think you understand what I mean.)

This is why I have become such a fan of a developing project in Marianna called "Chipola College TV." Produced by a dedicated staff at Chipola College, the channel carries programs of interest to viewers in the counties served by the college. It is available on cable and, if you live in an area where you can't get cable, can also be seen live on the internet.

I'm particularly a fan of a program called "Southern Heritage" that airs every Tuesday night at 7 p.m. (Central Time). The show features a wide variety of interviews and videos exploring the history and rich heritage of the area. They visit historic sites, interview authors and give you chances to relive history.

If you would like to watch "Southern Heritage," just go to my website at www.exploresouthernhistory.com and you will find a link to Chipola College TV. The program airs every Tuesday night at 7 p.m., so that is when you need to click in if you would like to watch. You can see the other programs at CCTV any time you like by following the link.

No comments: