Monday, January 7, 2008
Lovedale Baptist Church Cemetery
Located just a couple of miles northeast of Two Egg, the community of Lovedale has been an important part of the area since the late 1800s. The community is unique among similar Northwest Florida crossroads because it was built around a central square. Although there were originally businesses and other structures there, today the peaceful community is best noted as the site of Lovedale Baptist Church and Cemetery.
The cemetery, which includes graves dating as far back as the late 1800s, is beautifully maintained by local residents.
Tombstones here tell the stories of numerous local families. One is even inscribed with a drawing of a man fishing.
Along with Two Egg, Lovedale has for many years been one of the principal communities making up Jackson County's Central voting precinct.
- ► 2010 (16)
- Greetings from Snowy Arkansas
- The Bazzell Murder - 1860
- Two Egg, Florida - The Book
- Lovedale featured in the "Jackson County Times"
- "Southern Heritage" on Chipola College TV
- Much needed rain falls in Two Egg
- New Book: "A History of Jackson County, Florida" t...
- Two Egg was once part of Fayette County
- Sylvania Plantation - Home of Governor John Milton...
- The Legend of Two-Toe Tom
- William Henry Cox - A Two Egg pioneer
- Prints available of Dellwood Methodist Church
- Milly Francis and Duncan McKrimmon
- More on Lovedale
- Lovedale Baptist Church Cemetery
- Dunaway family celebrates landmark achievement
- The Garden of Eden
- Winter arrives in Two Egg, Florida
- ▼ January (18)