Thursday, January 24, 2008
Lovedale featured in the "Jackson County Times"
The Two Egg area community of Lovedale is featured in this week's issue of The Jackson County Times. The weekly community newspaper has begun featuring the histories of communities across Jackson County and this week turns its attention to Lovedale.
Lovedale was founded during the late 1800s by families that still live in the area. Unique among the small communities established in Jackson County during that era because it was built around a central square, the community is now the home of Lovedale Baptist Church and Cemetery.
To read the article, pick up a copy of this week's issue of The Jackson County Times. If you live out of the area or live in Jackson County and would like to receive the weekly community newspaper by mail, you can subscribe online by visiting: http://www.jacksontimesonline.com/subscribe.html
- ► 2010 (16)
- Greetings from Snowy Arkansas
- The Bazzell Murder - 1860
- Two Egg, Florida - The Book
- Lovedale featured in the "Jackson County Times"
- "Southern Heritage" on Chipola College TV
- Much needed rain falls in Two Egg
- New Book: "A History of Jackson County, Florida" t...
- Two Egg was once part of Fayette County
- Sylvania Plantation - Home of Governor John Milton...
- The Legend of Two-Toe Tom
- William Henry Cox - A Two Egg pioneer
- Prints available of Dellwood Methodist Church
- Milly Francis and Duncan McKrimmon
- More on Lovedale
- Lovedale Baptist Church Cemetery
- Dunaway family celebrates landmark achievement
- The Garden of Eden
- Winter arrives in Two Egg, Florida
- ▼ January (18)