Monday, March 31, 2008
Faye Dunaway and Two Egg, Florida
I'm often asked if it is true that noted actress Faye Dunaway is a native of Two Egg, Florida. In fact, I received a couple of emails on this topic over the weekend.
Yes, it is true. Ms. Dunaway spent her childhood just north of Two Egg crossroads before moving on to Tallahassee and eventually widespread acclaim.
The photo seen here shows her childhood home near Two Egg as it appeared last fall. The old house has been moved from its original site and, as you can see, probably won't be around much longer.
Most of Ms. Dunaway's bios list her childhood home as nearby Bascom, but this was because there was no post office in Two Egg and the local homes were on Bascom mail routes.
It is an interesting footnote in the history of our community.
While Faye is perhaps the best known, many members of the Dunaway family have strong ties to Two Egg and continue to cherish the community to this day. They may not be stars, but they have impacted the lives of many of their fellow Jackson Countians through the years and continue to do so.
(Thank you to Ashley Pollette of the "Southern Heritage" program on Chipola College TV for the photograph!)
- ► 2010 (16)
- Faye Dunaway and Two Egg, Florida
- Circle Hill Baptist Church - From the Air
- A spring morning in the Two Egg area
- Florida Caverns State Park - Marianna, Florida
- Happy Easter!
- Blooms of Spring in Two Egg
- Turkey Season in Two Egg
- Atlanta Storms
- Photographic Tombstones at Cowpen Pond
- A Connection to Daniel Boone, America's greatest p...
- Greenwood, Florida - Two Egg's long-time neighbor
- Historic Cowpen Pond Cemetery
- Springtime in Two Egg, Florida
- Congratulations Chipola!
- Good Luck to Chipola College!
- Dunaway Chapter meets tonight
- Rain falling in Two Egg
- The Ghost of Bellamy Bridge - Conclusion
- Bellamy Bridge, Part Seven
- ▼ March (19)