Monday, February 4, 2008
The Willis Home - Greenwood, Florida
One of my favorite old Jackson County homes is the Willis House, located on Highway 69 as you enter Greenwood from Two Egg.
The beautiful old home is sometimes confused for an antebellum mansion, but actually was built well after the Civil War. The cherished house is now surrounded by a beautiful grove of old oak trees and is one of Jackson County's most significant architectural landmarks.
This photograph was taken during the early to mid 1900s. The woman pictured is Lizzie Willis.
- ► 2010 (16)
- Bellamy Bridge, Part Six
- Bellamy Bridge, Part Five
- Bellamy Bridge, Part Four
- Bellamy Bridge, Part Three
- Bellamy Bridge, Part Two
- Bellamy Bridge, Part One
- The Ghost of Bellamy Bridge
- Sheriff's Race for Jackson County
- Jackson County Times now online with a new website...
- Please remember the tornado victims
- The Willis Home - Greenwood, Florida
- The Open Pond near Two Egg, Florida
- The Steamboat Apalachee
- ▼ February (13)