Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Ghost of Bellamy Bridge


I have received quite a few questions lately about the Bellamy Bridge ghost story. This is one of the most popular legends from the area surrounding Two Egg.
Since so many people have been asking, I thought I would begin a series here on the legend and tell you the true story behind it. I think the ghost hunt over the weekend at the Russ House in Marianna must have inspired some interest.
I'll begin posting the history of the Bellamy Bridge legend starting tomorrow, so be sure to check back and read along over the next few days. I also would love to hear from you about other ghost stories in and around Jackson County.
The story is also included in my book, Two Egg, Florida: A Collection of Ghost Stories, Legends and Unusual Facts, so please consider picking up a copy. It is available at Chipola River Book and Tea in downtown Marianna (on the same block as the Gazebo Restaurant) as well as through www.barnesandnoble.com, www.amazon.com or for order through your favorite bookstore.

No comments: