Sunday, December 27, 2009
Blue Spring page online at www.twoeggfla.com
Andrew Jackson stopped at the spring in 1818, by which time it was known as the "Big Spring" of the Chipola. His army of more than 1,000 men camped there while marching from Fort Gadsden on the Apalachicola River to Pensacola.
A major Confederate camp was located at the spring in 1862-1865 and it was also a popular place for picnics, baptisms, fishing and swimming. Today it is a well-known recreation area that is open to the public in late spring and early summer.
To visit the new page, please go to www.twoeggfla.com/bluespring.
- ► 2010 (16)
- ▼ December (4)
- ► 2008 (81)